Insurance Defense in Upstate New York
Homeowner, Commercial and Municipal Liability
McCabe & Mack LLP is widely known and respected for its work in insurance defense and related litigation. We represent numerous national and regional insurance carriers, as well as their insureds, in lawsuits and declaratory judgment actions.
Based in Poughkeepsie, we are equipped to take on insurance litigation in the Hudson Valley and upstate New York. Our attorneys practice regularly in Supreme Court (state trial courts) and in federal court in the Southern and Northern Districts of New York.
Focused Experience in Insurance Defense
Our insurance practice concentrates on the defense of personal injury and other liability matters, representing insurers and their insureds. We advise and defend insurance companies, third-party administrators and self-insured entities in cases involving liability claims against individual policyholders (homeowner, auto insurance); claims against businesses and employers; and claims against nonprofit entities and municipalities and government bodies. Our attorneys have comprehensive experience with insurance claims, declaratory judgments, coverage opinions and associated litigation, including:
- Auto and truck accident defense (first party, UM/SUM)
- Premises liability defense (slip-and-falls, dog bites)
- Construction site and ladder fall defense (Labor Law 240)
- New York navigation law defense (petroleum discharge and cleanup)
- Product liability defense (machinery, vehicles, consumer products)
- Employer defense (discrimination, harassment, termination)
- Civil rights defense (police misconduct, false arrest, First Amendment retaliation)
- Construction defects (structural integrity, water damage)
- Property damage defense (fire loss, flood and storm damage)
- Environmental litigation (hazardous waste, groundwater contamination)
- Professional liability defense (lawyers, accountants, architects, etc.)
- Commercial general liability defense
We can swiftly assemble a team of lawyers and support staff appropriate for the case at hand. We work with clients to provide a defense strategy for claims and coverage disputes, lawsuits and threatened litigation, and all related actions.
Serving the Hudson Valley and Beyond for Over a Century
McCabe & Mack LLP provides local representation to insurance carriers from across the United States for legal proceedings in the Hudson Valley and the Capital District, including Dutchess, Orange, Ulster, Sullivan, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, Columbia, Greene, Albany, Rensselaer, Schenectady and Saratoga counties, as well as New York City and Long Island.
Arrange a consultation with a member of our insurance group.
YOUR INSURANCE PRACTICE TEAM
We're here to help.
The best way to get guidance on your specific legal issue is to contact a lawyer. To schedule a meeting with an attorney, please call or complete the intake form below.
Auto Accident & Homeowner Liability
Civil Rights & Municipal Liability
Employer & Commercial Liability
I've Been in An Accident, Now What?
Someone is Suing Me! What Should I Do Now?
How to Minimize Employer Liability for Personnel Decisions
What You Must Know About Recent Changes to New York State's Anti-Sexual Harassment Laws